WHAT TO VISIT DURING YOUR HOLIDAY IN CROATIA:
On the land:
- 30 km distant. Old centre is situated on the small island between mainland and island of Ciovo and its circumference does not exceed 750 steps. The tallest building in Trogir is 47m high bell tower of St. John's Cathedral, in which proximity there are City Clock Tower and City Loggia. Historical centre of Trogir is UNESCO protected. Fresh market with rich offer of the fruit and vegetables is near by the centre.
- 65 km distant. Famous for its the Diocletian's Palace which was built in AD 295-305, a monument to Roman times, UNESCO protected. The former emparor Diocletian's mausoleum became Chatedrale of St. Duje at the beginning of the 7th century, and it stands out with ist 60 m high bell tower. Fresh market with rich offer of the fruit and vegetables is on the side of the centre.
- 20 km distant. Famous for its Cathedral of St. James which is UNESCO protected. In order to protect it self in the past, few fortresses have been built: in 16th c. at the entrance of the canal St. Nicholas; by the 17th c. its fortifications on the land were improved by the building of the fortress of St. John (Tanaja) and Subicevac (Barona). From the centre, you can walk to St. Ann Castle and the City Walls, which stands on the hill 70m over the sea. Today its called also St. Michael Fort – saint patron of the city.
- 90 km distant. Zadar is a city monument, surrounded by historical ramparts, a treasury of the archaeological and monumental riches of ancient and medieval times, Renaissance and many contemporary architectural achievements such as the first sea organs in the world. St Donat Cathedrale is the symbol of the city, which dates from 9th c. If you want to hear the sea playing the organs, take a walk to a part of the promenade near to the centre where you can enjoy real Sea Organ music.
- 30 km distant. Visitors to Skradinski Buk can tour the ethnographic collection and old mills, as well as ancient devices for washing clothing and textiles, stamping mills, rollers and weavers' workshop, souvenir shop, buffet, etc. Network of walking paths and wooden bridges in Skradinski Buk is 2000m long, time required for sightseeing: approx. 1 hr. But of course, with photo camera and swimming break beneath Skradinski buk (swimming is allowed only on marked point near the big wooden bridge), take the time to relax in one of the most famous natural beauties of Croatia.
- 150 km distant. Part of UNESCO World Heritage List for its beauty of 16 lakes joined together like a series of steps. This is Croatian largest and most famous National Park. The area can be explored by a series of well laid-out wooden boardwalks and footpaths, with ferry routs across the lakes, while motorised (truck-drawn carriages) train services allow you to shorten the full 16 km (10-mile) circuit.
- 270 km distant. Pearl of the Adriatic, situated at the far south of the Republic of Croatia. The centre is surrounded with city walls - system of fortifications with fortresses, towers and keeps, 1940m long, which can be visited and walked around. City centre is preserved through the centuries until today and it stands under UNESCO protection.
On the sea:
ISLAND OF KRAPANJ
- is the smallest and the most populated island with the surface of 0,36 km2. This is the island with the lowest height above sealevel – 1,5 m in the Adriatic sea. Island of sponges – traditional activity of its people. Lowest island – 7m above sea level. Well known for its sponge- and coral divers. Most inhabited island, 0,4km2. Easy reachable from Brodarica.
ISLAND OF ZLARIN
- first island on the way out from the Channel of St. Anthony after leaving Sibenik behind. Island is well known for the tradition of coral diving for 600 years. You can visit workshop with genuine drive for manual processing of coral. Easy reachable from Sibenik with ferry daily lines.
ISLAND OF PRVIC
- comes as the second island to visit with ferry daily line from Sibenik. There are two places: Luka and Sepurine, some 15 minutes walk distant from each other. Very peacefull two places offer nice beaches and perfect escape from every day to the life once it was. Easy reachable from Sibenik with ferry daily lines.
- occupies the area of about 220 km2 with 89 islands, islets and reefs. George Bernard Shaw wrote: "On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath". There are organized excursions from many ports to the NP Kornati.
NATURE PARK TELASCICA
- Telascica bay is surrounded by 13 islands and islets, together with 6 islets inside the bay. In the south-western part of the Nature Park Telascica, lake"Mir" found itself between the bay Telascica and the open sea. Salinity of the lake is generally higher than the surrounding sea and the temperature amplitudes of the lake are very prominent (in summer to 33ş C and winter to 5ş C). There are organized excursions from many ports to the Nature Park Telascica.